Welcome to our Year 5/6’s Class Page!
We have certainly had a busy week in Class 5/6M:
- On Monday a small group of children planted potatoes in the outdoor area.
- On Tuesday children completed research based on one of five interesting Science facts about: the universe, exercise, DNA, blood cells and The Great Barrier Reef!
- On Wednesday the children had a day in the great outdoors, experiencing a range of activities, from writing poetry to making parachutes.
- On Thursday we met a truly ‘Mad Scientist’ who enlightened us on how to make some (very sour) sherbet!
- Finally, on Friday we had our class assembly (thank you ever so much for coming and supporting if you were able to make it) and we spent the afternoon stinking out the classroom with milk and vinegar (I’ll let the children fill you in on that!)
It was a fantastic week and the children have certainly learned a lot!
National Railway Museum
The children in Year 5 and 6 had a fantastic day at National Railway Museum this week! The trip complimented our recent topic work on transport through the ages and the children were mesmerised by the opportunity to see, touch and even sit on some fantastic Locomotives!
D.T – Bread Making
The children were certainly all ‘star bakers’ today! From a cheese, banana and chocolate bread to a curry plait loaf, we certainly had some inventive creations to show. I hope that you managed to have a taste! Here are some pictures from our morning:
Children In Need
The children had a fantastic time today in our ‘Chocolate Workshop’! The children found out about the process from Cocoa pod to chocolate bar and considered the impact that Fairtrade can have on plantation workers. The children engaged in a number of role-playing activities and some of the girls put their basket balancing skills to the test! I hope that the children treated you to a recount of our morning and gave you a taste of the chocolate that we produced too!
Thank you ever so much to all of the fantastic helpers who came along to our ‘Inspire Morning’ last Friday. We had an incredible turn-out from parents, grandparents and some very adorable siblings! The children have commented that they felt proud when they were able to show the people they care about what they are able to do and loved the opportunity to have the undivided attention of an adult as they completed their work. I hope that you enjoyed the morning and look forward to seeing you again at our next event.
Roald Dahl Day
The children had an excellent time celebrating Roald Dahl Day today. We spent the morning creating new edible inventions that Mr Wonka could add to his product-line and wrote rhyming poems based on the not-so-delectable medicine that George concocted in George’s Marvellous Medicine. Below are some images showcasing the children’s exquisite costumes. Thank you (parents and carers) for you continued support and creativity on days like this!